Tuesday was a hard day, and while I felt a little better yesterday I did hide in bed all day and throw routine out of window. It perhaps wasn’t the best idea but I just had no capacity for anything else so I just gave myself the day to feel down but on the understanding that today I would get back to it.
I don’t really feel like embracing the world today but I’m going to do it anyway. I know what helps me so I need to implement it even if it feels hard.
- I got up with my alarm
- I made a proper lunch and snacks
- I had a pre-run breakfast and prepped my 2nd breakfast
- I’m going for a run now
- I chose a nice outfit rather than defaulting to safe baggy clothes
- I’ve written a manageable to-do list for the day
- I’m meeting a friend after work even though I feel like hiding
- I have planned a proper dinner
The drop from feeling great to being down is always a rough one, but I need to accept my brain doesn’t always play ball with me and that this will happen. What matters is my reaction to it. A knock like this could have previously taken me weeks to come out, but I know more now and I know that it won’t happen without effort.
I’m drawing on all the great strength I find through you lovely blogging people, and sending you all good vibes for anything you’re facing today x