Although I am doing kind of crap with the big things at the moment (e.g. stopping purging, keeping a food diary, not binging etc.) I realised today that there are some little things that I can do that will help my overall stress levels and well being. When I write them down they seem so insignificant, and really just part of being a functioning human being, but it’s amazing how much impact not doing them can have on me, and how much I resist doing these tasks sometimes.
So, this evening I:
- washed the dishes before going to bed
- put out my gym gear so I don’t have to find it in the dark in the morning and risk waking the boy
- packed my clothes for post gym (remembering both bras and knickers which is not always a given!)
- am blogging as I felt so much better for doing it yesterday
- decided on the first thing I need to do in work tomorrow so I can get on with it without turning on email and getting lost in that
- took my medication which I forgot this morning
I should also make my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow but honestly I can’t be arsed so I will set my alarm 10 minutes early so I can do it. If I regret that in the morning (which I tend to do) I will publicly declare it so I remind myself to not be lazy!
Anyone else managed a little thing today that might have helped with the big things?
(or if you’ve managed anything about the big things please do share that too! I need inspiration!)